Thinking Of A Waste Clean Up? There May Be Council Regulations

Clean Up Truck

Are you thinking of completing a waste clean-up, garden clean-up, or home renovation at your property? There are many aspects to consider, and one to make sure you don’t overlook is any council regulations about placement of hire skip bins or guidelines about responsible disposal. Hiring Kartaway skips and bins is a great way to easily prevent mess and make waste disposal simple. However, you do not want to break any laws or permit requirements and risk being fined by placing it in the wrong place. With our vast experience in skips and Mini Skip bins in the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Adelaide we can help point you in the right direction for your council’s regulations.

In Victoria, there is a code of practice for the placement of waste bins on roadsides, footpaths, nature strips, and in public places. This code provides information on the safe placement, visibility, identification, and more for hire skip bins in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs. This code is generally in place across the entire state, but it is important to check with your local council for any additional policies or fees relating to waste bins. You will need permission from most councils to place a bin on public land. However, on their own land Victorians are generally permitted to place a skip bin without the need to refer to the code or any permits.

In Queensland, residents have the similar freedom of placing bins on their own private property with permission of their council, but as always, double-check with your local council. If you want to place hire skips on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, or in Brisbane on public land, you will need to check with your local council as some councils will allow you to apply for a permit through them or Queensland Police and place a bin on public land, while others strictly prohibit hire skips being placed on public land.

In South Australia, you can usually place a skip bin hire in Adelaide or across the suburbs on your own front yard or driveway without needing permission from your council, but if the bin will be obstructing footpaths or is placed on public land you will need to apply for a permit from your local council. These permits do incur a fee, which can range from $25 to $70 a day. Though those in the City of Playford luck out with the permit being free!

While the laws are similar across the country, it is always important to check with your local council in relation to rules and permits regarding bin hire, home renovations, and waste clean-up as they may have their own unique rules. You never want to get caught accidentally breaking the rules.

If you’re in need of skip bin hire in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, or Gold Coast, Kartaway can help you make clean-up a breeze with our drop-off/pick-up service, and our experts in bins, skips, waste and recycling can help you understand any local regulations your council may have, so you will never have to worry.

Related Posts