Kartaway is committed to respecting privacy and protecting information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), along with any other Privacy laws and codes when collecting, using, disclosing, holding, handling and/or transferring any personal information.
This statement outlines Kartaway’s policy on how we manage personal information about suppliers, customers, employees and others and applies to all organizations in the Kartaway Group of companies within Australia.
To effectively carry out our various businesses, certain personal information needs to be collected. Such information is generally collected from our suppliers, customers and employees. We may also obtain information from other sources.
What information is collected
The kinds of personal information that Kartaway collects and holds may vary, but generally can include information such as;
- full name, email address, current postal address, delivery address, phone number, mobile number.
- details relating to employment, and if applicable, previous employment.
- other information specific to our products and services such as your opinions, statements and endorsements.
- in the event of the provision of services, we will collect any relevant payment and/or billing information including, but not limited to, bank account details, direct debit details, credit card details, billing address and contact details.
How is information collected and held
We may in some instances, obtain personal information indirectly and who it is from can depend on various circumstances.
The purpose for which information is collected, held, stored, used and/or disclosed
Security and Access
Information held by Kartaway may be in a physical format, electronic data, or in our software, or systems. In particular, we may, in some instances, store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage.
Kartaway will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss and implement physical, technical and administrative security standards to secure and protect your personal information from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. This may be inclusive of implementing and imposing:
- confidentiality requirements on our employees and other representatives, as well as third parties,
- policies on document storage security,
- security measures for access to our systems,
- only providing access to information once proper identification has been given,
- controlling access to our premises, and
- website protection security measures.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe. We retain personal information in hard copy records and electronically with us or our appointed data storage provider(s). You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of all transmissions of personal information, especially where the internet is involved. Notwithstanding this, we endeavor to take all reasonable steps to:
- protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and to protect it from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security measures;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We maintain our computer(s) and network security by using firewalls, user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems.
Kartaway takes all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is current, accurate, up-to-date and complete. Throughout our dealings with you we will take reasonable steps to confirm the details of your personal information we hold and ask you if there are any changes required. The accuracy of personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, so we rely on you to:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information you become aware of, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information
People entitled to access personal information have a right to obtain a copy of any personal information Kartaway holds and to advise Kartaway of any perceived inaccuracy. The legislation sets out some exceptions to this.
A request for personal information held by Kartaway must be in an appropriate form identifying the person requesting the information and what information is required.
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, want us to correct or update it, or have a complaint please contact:
The Human Resources Manager
Whelan Kartaway Pty Ltd
19-21 Kirkdale Street
Brunswick East Victoria 3057
Telephone: (03) 9389 5100