With Winter on the horizon, now is the perfect time to focus on cleaning up your garden after the warmer months. Cleaning out your garden can come with a surprising amount of green waste to discard of. Your green bin may not be able to handle the large amount of waste, so it’s important to find the right skip bin partner that can handle the green waste disposal. Kartaway’s bins, skips, and waste recycling are the perfect solution. We offer a wide range of skip hire solutions in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Areas to focus on while cleaning out your garden in preparation for Winter include:
- Remove diseased plants. Plant diseases persist in soil, so you’ll want to remove these plants before they affect healthy ones. This also means you cannot use these plants for compost.
- Clean out debris of fallen leaves and weeds. These become perfect hiding places for pests in Winter.
- Trim rouge tree branches. Trim off dead, damaged, or in the way branches that may cause trouble. You don’t want them breaking or falling off during Winter.
- Prune overgrown plants and bushes. If they are the type to bloom in the warmth, you can prune these back without risking blooms.
- Clean out your gutters. If your gutters are left full of leaves and debris water can overflow, causing bigger problems. Climbing ladders and your roof can be dangerous, so you may want to call a professional to assist.
If you’re undertaking a backyard tidy or garden maintenance hire a skip bin to easily remove the waste. We drop off the skip bin when you need it and come back to take it away when you’re done. At Kartaway, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. So you can be sure we dispose of your green waste responsibly. Reclaim your space, reduce clutter, and remove of it easily when you hire skip bins.
What you CAN dispose of in green waste:
- Shrubs, grass, twigs
- Branches, leaves, palm fronds
- Wood chips and bark
- Small tree trunks
- Small amounts of soil
What you CAN’T dispose of in green waste:
- Large amounts of soil
- Brick, concrete, tiles, sand, stone, rocks
- Large tree trunks and roots
- Hazardous materials like asbestos and insulation
However, the good news is that with our affordable skip bins, we can also dispose of non-green waste materials for you. So no matter what you are clearing out of your garden we can help you easily remove small or large items. If you’re in need of skip bin hire in Adelaide, Melbourne, or Brisbane for your garden clean up, get in touch with us here.